For those of you missing all the career and job discussions at the AAA meeting going on these past few days, here is a position on the opposite coast from DC:
The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, operated by Battelle in Richland, WA, is looking for a Cultural Resources Scientist to manage its Cultural Resources Management Program for projects conducted for implementation and compliance to various federal acts (NAGRPA, etc.).
While a BA/BS and two years experience is acceptable, preferred qualifications include:
• MS/MA in anthropology or archaeology, or cultural resources, and 3 years of experience.
• Registered Professional Archeologist certification.
• Experienced in safe conduct of operations for field based activities including survey, exploration, and sample collection and analysis.
• Familiarity with Project Management/Principle Investigator principles including development of statements of work and contract/subcontract management.
• Familiarity with Hanford cultural resources and tribal relationships
• Familiarity with the Washington Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation’s online WISAARD system
• Experience with GIS tools, mapping platforms, and analysis.