What is the purpose of an association website? For NAPA, the main objective of the association’s website is to serve members and potential members. In addition, along with NAPA’s social media outlets, it serves as the primary public face of NAPA.
After a year of reorganizing and reformatting, NAPA officially launched a newly redesigned website in February 2019, found at practicinganthropology.org. Viewers will find cleaner navigation, a better overall look, and most importantly, several new resources to use.
Annals of Anthropological Practice
- Responding to contemporary challenges and opportunities for anthropological engagement: Revised NAPA Guidelines for Ethical Practice | CHAD T. MORRIS, NIEL TASHIMA
- Engagement as scholarship: Food justice in practice | CHRISTY MELLO
- Making anthropology relevant: Collaborative assessment in support of graduate and undergraduate success beyond the university | AUDREY RICKE
- How development happens: Safe and sustainable energy, community development projects, and implementation challenges in Timor‐Leste | SARA NINER, JOTHAM LAY, NARELLE WARREN, MICHAEL O’CONNELL, DANIEL EDGINGTON‐MITCHELL
- 3. Waiting in lineHave you ever gotten in line and waited... not sure if you were in the right place? Not sure what is going on up front? Waiting. It's unremarkable. You don't give it much thought. Until you have to! We talked to lots of people who have to think about waiting. Here's what they said.
- 2. Learning new stuffNo two people learn new stuff the same way. Over the years, those with opportunity have followed a path set by society’s standard bearers. Others learn from those around them, in hands-on experiences and apprenticeships. This podcast takes a meditative stroll across several generations to think about how we learn new stuff. Can we chart […]
- 1. Dressing the partWe humans dress to "fit" in. Sometimes fitting in is a choice, other times it’s a matter of safety and security, and yet not fitting can also be deliberate. This podcast digs deep into how we make decisions about how to dress to suit different occasions.