The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of CURATOR OF HISTORIC STRUCTURES* to fill one (1) vacancy in the RIVERSIDE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM.
Education: Equivalent to a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major work in museology, history, art history, anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field of specialization. Three years’ experience in the field and the interest to pursue graduate studies may substitute for the partial fulfillment of the Master’s Degree requirement.
Experience: One year of experience in the collection, preservation, interpretation, presentation of materials for Museum exhibitions and provision of public access to collections.
- Experience in the maintenance and management concerns that are particular to historic houses.
- Minimum of three years’ relevant curatorial experience.
- Experience in the collection, interpretation, and presentation of materials for museum exhibitions and public programs.
- Knowledgeable in American material culture history, the principles of historic preservation, and contemporary museum practices.
- Experience with PastPerfect and/or Argus.
- Proficient in computer programs such as the Office suite, basic graphic design programs, and collections management software.
- Experience in training docents.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
3) Résumé, Cover Letter, and (3) three professional references